Industrial paper tubes are popular in numerous industries because of their customizability. They can be manufactured in different lengths, diameters, and widths to accommodate various products and applications. Here’s a look at what an industrial paper core is and its applications:
On this page
Understanding an Industrial Paper Tube
An industrial paper tube, or a paper core, consists of several layers of paper or paperboard wound together to create a hollow, durable, and often cylindrical shape. The more the layers of paper bonded together, the thicker a paper tube will be. Manufacturers hold the layers of paper together using adhesives to maintain a tube’s integrity.
Uses of Industrial Paper Tubes
Here are common applications for paper tubes:
You can use paper tubes for packaging:
- Paper: Paper tubes can help you store and transport large rolls of paper and printed materials like labels. The tubes can prevent deformations, allowing your products to remain usable for a long time.
- Medical supplies: Paper tubes can be used for packaging medications. Their robustness keeps the medical supplies from getting damaged.
- Industrial goods: Paper cores can also prove useful for industrial goods manufacturers. They can be used to package fragile items like glass as they provide a protective barrier, reducing the risk of breakage during transportation.
- Food and beverages: You can use paper tubes to package foods like potato chips and confectionery. The tubes protect such items from light and moisture, allowing them to maintain their shelf life.
- Fabrics: In the textile industry, you can use paper tubes to store fabrics like carpets and cloth. The tubes can prevent creasing, allowing your materials to maintain their integrity.
You can also use paper tubes as spacers within packages to limit your products from moving. This is one of the automobile industry’s main uses of paper tubes. Some manufacturers use them to keep automotive wheel hubs in place during transit.
You can use an industrial paper tube to wind items that can easily tangle. Paper tubes can be particularly helpful in protecting yarn and electrical wires and cables. Winding these items on a paper tube can facilitate easy storage and prevent tangling. It can also make it easy to unwind the items when in use. Paper tubes can facilitate seamless thread feeding in weaving and knitting mills, allowing production processes to move faster.
You can use paper tubes as formwork or molds for creating cylindrical concrete structures like pillars and columns. Paper tubes suit this application as they’re light and can be easily removed after the concrete cures.
Point of Sale Displays
You can create eye-catching displays for your products using paper tubes by adding graphics, product information, or any other relevant information. Confirm whether your paper manufacturer can customize your cores to fit your marketing needs.
Factors that Make Paper Tubes Ideal for These Purposes
Here are some core benefits of paper tubes:
Paper tubes are eco-friendly and made from renewable and sustainable materials like cardboard. You can recycle them again after use to limit waste and promote sustainability. They’re also biodegradable, so any scrap that can’t be recycled will decompose without affecting the environment. Paper tubes are ideal for environmentally conscious businesses due to their low environmental impact.
Easy to Handle
Paper tubes are easy to handle and transport because of their lightweight nature. Their cylindrical design makes them easy to use as you can quickly package or wind whatever you need.
Paper cores are solid and durable. They can withstand wear and tear and hold heavy loads, protecting the items they house. Talk to your manufacturer about the intended purpose of your paper tubes so they can customize them to meet your needs. This is necessary since the structural strength needed for packaging differs from that required for construction.
Paper tubes are cost-effective because they’re made from inexpensive materials like cardboard. They can also reduce your shipping costs when used for packaging because they’re light. This makes them ideal for a business looking to save on costs.
Paper tubes are often opaque so that they can block sunlight. This makes them ideal for protecting light-sensitive products like pharmaceuticals and wines.
Industrial Paper Tubes Are Customizable
An industrial paper tube can prove useful in industries ranging from construction to food and beverages. Your intended use for your paper cores will determine your tubes’ specifications. Find a manufacturer who produces paper cores for your industry to improve your chances of getting what you need.