Children get coughs, colds, fevers, and other minor injuries and illnesses all the time. However, a majority of pediatrician offices are only open during regular working hours. So, what can you do if your child gets a fever late at night or injures themselves? Is your first thought about hurrying over to the emergency room? If your child is experiencing a non-chronic, non-life-threatening health problem, going to the ER and enduring the long wait times is just not needed. Pediatric urgent care can be a better option.
Prime Urgent Care treats children 3 months and older for non-life-threatening, non-chronic medical conditions at our three walk-in medical centers in Pearland, Missouri City, and Sugar Land. The center is staffed with licensed Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants who take care of your little one efficiently and quickly.
On this page
What is Pediatric Urgent Care?
Pediatric Urgent Care Pearland treats acute and minor conditions in kids. They are open after regular working hours and also throughout the weekend. These walk-in clinics positively supplement your pediatrician’s office as they offer quick and timely medical attention when your pediatrician isn’t available, or your child complains of a problem outside the usual working hours.
With a kid’s urgent care, you simply do not have to wait or pay high prices at an ER. Did you know that a majority of illnesses for which kids are sent to the ER can be easily treated by a pediatric urgent care center? A walk-in clinic can effectively handle a range of minor injuries and illnesses, helping your child get back on the path to better health sooner.
When Should You Take Your Child to the ER?
Pediatric urgent care centers are a boon as they help kids when they need it the most. However, it is essential to know exactly when to take your child to these walk-in clinics. If your child is experiencing a life-threatening problem, the ER will be the ideal place to take them to. Here are the most common problems that a kid’s urgent care center can effectively treat.
- Your child complains of fever. They also exhibit cold symptoms.
- Your child showcases symptoms of an ear infection. Some signs to watch out for include drainage from the ear and an earache. It also includes pulling on the ears.
- Your kid has a sore throat. It can be with or without white patches on the tonsils.
- You suspect your child to have conjunctivitis or pink eye. Some signs to watch out for include red, inflamed eyes. The eye may have discharge or don’t.
- Your child has vomited a few times. They might also have a few episodes of diarrhea but without blood in the stool.
Generally, if your child can walk, talk, and play, it is possible that they are not experiencing an emergency condition.
What Types of Services Do Pediatric Urgent Care Centers Provide?
Pediatric urgent care centers like Prime Urgent Care provide a range of services for parents of little ones. Some common services offered by children’s walk-in clinics include the following:
- Diagnosing and treating non-chronic illnesses and infections. These include infections like the flu, colds, RSV, and COVID.
- Handling non-life-threatening injuries such as cuts, burns, and bruises.
- Healthcare practitioners at a children’s urgent care also see concerns related to skin, like rashes and eczema.
- Some walk-in clinics also provide vaccinations and immunizations for COVID-19 and flu.
- Yearly school, sports, or camp physicals
- Development screenings
- Kids urgent care centers also provide medical imaging, such as X-rays, and referrals for MRI or CT scans.
What Are the Benefits of a Pediatric Urgent Care?
A pediatric urgent care clinic provides a kid-friendly environment for your child. The staff have a deep knowledge of pediatric medicine, ensuring they provide the best care to children. Since they are trained in pediatric care, the providers can quickly diagnose and treat common and acute childhood conditions. Moreover, they can also effectively communicate with your regular pediatrician about your child’s health. Some benefits of a pediatric urgent care clinic include the following.
- In a majority of instances, the procedures performed at urgent care are much cheaper than those in the emergency room.
- In a kid’s urgent care center, you will need to wait for significantly less amount of time than in the ER.
- The providers at a pediatric urgent care center can effectively treat a range of illnesses and injuries quickly and in an efficient manner.
- Your child is seen conveniently and extra hours of a pediatric urgent care center ensure that your child gets seen exactly when they need.
To sum up, it is best to consider pediatric urgent care if your child falls ill and needs medical care that does not fit inside the normal pediatrician’s schedule. It will give them the appropriate treatment exactly when they need it. The pediatric care center at Prime Urgent Care is open 7 days a week. Walk in or check-in online today.